Re: WHFC 0.3a and Win95

> On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Jonathan Chen wrote:
>
> > For some time now, I've been trying to get WHFC to work, without any
> > success. What would happen is that I'd print a Word document to the
> > FaxPrinter, whfc would then pop up and ask for a destination; and at
> > that point it freezes.
> >
> > I'd hoped that the latest version 0.3a would solve the program freeze;
> > no luck. Has anyone around here experienced the same problem - and
> > solved it?
>
> Hah. After playing around with it some more, the problem appears to be
> that you *must* specify a file for `Faxcover'. I've put the one from
> the HylaFAX distribution in (although *that* doesn't work), and left
> the `Use Faxcover' box unchecked. It appears to work now..
>
> It may be nice to find a working faxcover file...

It's pretty easy to make the faxcover that you are using on the Unix box
work under Whfc.  The problem ( for me ) was that the faxcover program on
the Unix box generates a routine called "BreakIntoLines".  The faxcover
program with Whfc DOES NOT generate this routine.  So, just take one of
the faxes that have been sent with a cover page ( or run the unix
comand "faxcover") , cut out the routine & put it at the top of your
postscript faxcover page.  Well, not at the top, but somewhere near
the top.  If you need a hand, drop me a line.

/BreakIntoLines
{ /proc exch def
  /linewidth exch def
  /textstring exch def
  /breakwidth wordbreak stringwidth pop def
  /curwidth 0 def

	Steve Williams, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
	Genie Computer Systems Inc.
	steve@genie96.com