Re: Faxmail is chopping off the top of my faxes

Hi.

I sent a message last week about a problem with faxmail :-

>I am setting up HylaFAX v4.0pl1 on a Linux Redhat 4.0 system and have
>just configured the email to fax gateway. It's working sort of, because
>the top 1 inch of the fax at the receiving end is missing. The email
>header is almost entirely lost (just half the subject line and the date
>line are printed).

It's probably bad form to reply to one of our own questions, but just to
let everyone know ( and the mailing list archives ) that the cause was
found to be a '-s a4' pagesize parameter I had in the faxmail script. I
suppose it doesn't make a great deal of sense to try to specify page
sizes when you're dealing with faxes anyway.

This is now my final mailfax script, which seems to be operating well :-

/usr/local/bin/faxmail -v -n -p 11 \
-Ml=0.75in,t=2.00in -d "$1@$2" "$3" 2>>/var/log/faxlog

BTW, the top margin physically printed only seems to be about a third
of the size asked for - ie to get a top margin of an inch, you need to
specify 3 inches.

Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.