Faxmail is chopping off the top of my faxes

Hi.

I am setting up HylaFAX v4.0pl1 on a Linux Redhat 4.0 system and have
just configured the email to fax gateway. It's working sort of, because
the top 1 inch of the fax at the receiving end is missing. The email
header is almost entirely lost (just half the subject line and the date
line are printed).

This is happening on two seperate fax machines, and the sendfax and the
whfc windows client tests are both fine, so I suspect the problem is
with faxmail.

This is my mailfax script :-
                                                                    /usr/loc
al/bin/faxmail -v -n -s a4 -p 11 \
-Ml=0.50in,t=1.75in -d "$1@$2" "$3" 2>>/var/log/faxlog

As you can see, I have tried to increase the top margin to 1.75 inches,
with no effect whatsoever.

The other suspect is the faxmail prologue file, faxmail.ps. Mine says :-

        %       $Id: faxmail.c++,v 1.56 1996/07/02 19:49:58 sam Exp sam
        %
        % faxmail prologue.
        %
        /EPSbegin{save gsave 20 20 scale 200 dict begin}def
        /EPSend{end grestore restore}def

Can any postscript gurus out there see any problem with this ? Is there
an alternative, neutral prologue file which I can test to see if there
is any difference in the fax output ?

Assuming this gets sorted out, I would like to have a logo banner printed
at the top of the fax message. If I create a suitable graphic and 'print'
it to a postscript file, can I then simply add the postscript code to the
end of the faxmail.ps prologue file ? Or doesn't postscript work like
this ?

If logs are required to help in this matter, I will of course provide them.

Any help, as usual, is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK. ~ it's a fine, sunny spring day here today. Life is good.