Re: {HELP} I cannot receive correct fax

On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, Qian Guo Yu wrote:

> > Qian Guo Yu wrote:
> >
> >     I can't find my server trace. Attached is a session log and
> >
> > the server trace is written by syslogd(1M) according the rules
> > in /etc/syslog.conf;
> >

> The file '/etc/syslog.conf' only has one line:
> local0.notice               /var/adm/syslog
>
> And, the file 'var/adm/syslog' has two lines:
> Jan 27 16:58:1 prsmpc4 syslogd: restart
> Jan 21 10:02:36 prsmpc4 syslog: accept: SIOCGPGRP failed errno 22

Read the man entries for syslog and syslog.conf. Your system hasn't
been set up for syslog tracing. Also make sure sure that the
ServerTracing: flag in config.ttyXX is big enough to generate
something worth looking at.

[snip]
> I corrected the ModemDialCmd to "ATDT9%s" in the modem config file
> and got the same result: the receiver only got some of the contents.
> (it looks like half page, and some lines are merged together).
[snip]

Since your session log looks ok, I really suspect your modem setup is
suspect. Have you made sure that your modem <-> host handshaking is
wired and set up correctly?
--
Jonathan Chen                          e-mail : jonc@pinnacle.co.nz
  Pinnacle Software Ltd                Voice  : +64.9.415.4460