New Setup Problems

Ok, here is the deal... I compiled about 5 months ago v4.0 for BSDI 2.1
with great success.  Well, I upgraded to BSD/OS 3.0 (FYI: This is a VERY
buggy version, wait till the update), then downgraded back to 2.1.
Well, as a result of all the changes, the Hylafax is broke.  I *THOUGHT*
I could just do a make install from the compiled version in the 2.1
beforeI botched thinhgs up, but no luck.  Aparently after tons of
recompiles and tweekings (I'm now using 4.0pl1), the end result of the
installations are thus:

The config programs detect correctly my modem, init it fine, but when I
go to do a faxstat, rather than (as I did before) get a responce of (and
what is shown in the FAQ) which of all luck, I cannot find now.  It was
whhat SHOULD be reported when you foa  faxstat, but I rather get:

Server on localhost:FIFO for all modems: Not running.
Server on localhost:tty01 for +1.xxx.xxx.xxxx: Running and idle.

As I recall, I never had the first FIFO entry.

Jobs seem to get queued fine, but jobs are queued to "any" modem rather
than tty01.  What is going on here?

The ONLY hardware change I hade was added a internal 28.8, but that
should not have any effect, should it?  Is this what the mysterious FIFO
is?  Any help would be great...

-Ravi

--
Ravi Pina              * "I am forbidden to produce milk.  In cyberland,
Systems Administrator  *  we only drink Diet Coke(tm)." - RENT