Carrier Detect Problems on Send

Hi,

  I have just installed hylafax v4.0pl1 on my Indy running irix5.3 with
  patch patchSG0001268 installed (which replaces 475).  I am using
  an Pratical Perpherals PM144MT II modem. I also have ClocalAsRoot: yes
  in my config.ttyf1.  The modem is configured for both dialin and
  dialout faxing but not data. And finally the local getty has been turned off.

  I can receive faxes fine.  When I send a fax it is sent fine but after the
  call Carrier Detect is not dropped.  If I turn the modem off and on then
  then I can see that some process (I assume faxgetty) talks to the modem
  and drops the Carrier Detect.  Is there something obvious I have forgotten?

  It would be a real pain if the modem had to be power cycled every time
  a fax was sent.  So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

P.S. Here is the tailend of one of my send trace logs:Mar 09 23:09:04.27:
[23380]: <-- [5:ATH0\r]
Mar 09 23:09:05.70: [23380]: --> [7:+FHNG:0]
Mar 09 23:09:05.70: [23380]: REMOTE HANGUP: Normal and proper end of connection
(code 0)
Mar 09 23:09:06.33: [23380]: --> [2:OK]
Mar 09 23:09:06.33: [23380]: SESSION END

and here is out put for hylafax from version -n
I  hylafax              1006010022  HylaFAX Facsimile Software, Version 4.0pl1
(release)

--
                                 Jonathan
                                     Appavoo.