Re: 1D/2D

> > And the failures, rather systematically, look like:
> >
> > 101462.331@some.com                0     0:00    0.0    2    2400 2-D MMR
> > A.Deans@some.ac.uk                 0     0:00    0.0    3    2400 2-D MMR
> > C.L.Nicholls@some.ac.uk            0     0:00    0.0    1    2400 2-D MMR
> >
> > Is this a known issue with the MultiModems, or should I be digging deeper?
>
> These look like you aren't getting a connection at all.  You might check the
> log directory for the phone numbers in question to see what really
> happened.  Several months back someone posted some modem init commands
> that were supposed to help with Multitech reliability but I seem to
> have lost it.  Does anyone know where it might be in the archives?
>
> Les Mikesell
>   les@mcs.com

Here is the post that I think you are referring to....however, it only
mentions receiving, not sending.  From the tone of the post, it would
appear that Multitech is quite cooperative.  If TPC.INT has enough
faxes failing consistently, you should have a bunch of log files to
give them, once you find the right person to give them to.

As an aside, I have put in the "patch" mentioned below, though our ZDX
is send only.   I have no problems with the ZDX, but in checking my Logs, very
few of my faxes actually go out 2D encoded.

Not sure what is going on.

--
 	Steve Williams, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
 	Genie Computer Systems Inc.