1D/2D

Folks,

I'm trying to increase the reliability of our pool of 10 Multitechs (mostly
MT2834ZDXI/0314B, with one MT1932ZDXK/0113).  In the daily report, the
successes include:

Sender                        Pages     Time  Pg/min Errs TypRate TypData

A.Boyd@some.ac.uk                  2     1:46    1.1    0    9600  2-D MR
A.Deans@some.ac.uk                 0     0:00    1.2    0    9600  2-D MR
George@some.co.uk                  3     2:31    1.2    0    9600  1-D MR
Gio@some.co.uk                     2     1:25    1.4    0    9600  1-D MR
Gpnl@some.com                      4     3:15    1.2    0    9600  2-D MR

And the failures, rather systematically, look like:

101462.331@some.com                0     0:00    0.0    2    2400 2-D MMR
A.Deans@some.ac.uk                 0     0:00    0.0    3    2400 2-D MMR
C.L.Nicholls@some.ac.uk            0     0:00    0.0    1    2400 2-D MMR

Is this a known issue with the MultiModems, or should I be digging deeper?

The server runs as a dedicated e-mail -> FAX gateway (it's a TPC cell) and as
such we have little control over the format of the material to be FAXed, other
than requiring it to be either text/plain, application/postscript or
image/tiff.

SunOS 4.1.4, HylaFAX 4.0pl1, gcc 2.7.2, ghostscript 4.03

Thanks for any advice.

-DPN

--
Mr. Arlington Hewes           (tpcadmin@info.tpc.int)
The TPC.INT Subdomain          (http://www.tpc.int/)

       ***  FOR GENERAL INFORMATION                   ***
       ***         Mail to tpcfaq@info.tpc.int        ***
       ***  FOR A LIST OF CURRENT COVERAGE            ***
       ***         Mail to tpccover@info.tpc.int      ***