Re: help me upgrade, please

Matthias Apitz writes:

Sorry I took so long to question again, but I wanted to make sure I
got all the points, and I've been drowned in problems since
january. Ok. Here it goes:

> Luiz Otavio Lautenschlaeger Zorzella wrote:
>     I have HylaFax4.0pl0 installed in my system, and I compiled pl1. Now I
>     want to install pl1, but I'm affraid just making "make install"
>     without "faxsetup" could not be enough.

>     Please, take away my fears, and tell me I don't need to reconfigure it
>     all, and "make install" is enough...

>     I'm waiting for this to upgrade...

> You should
> - save files you later want to re-use (like spool/etc/hosts)

What files exactly you're talking about? config.cua1, dialrules,
faxcover.ps, or what?

> - remove all HylaFAX files;

You mean: executables? By hand? Isn't this to much to be done for a
simple pl0 -> pl1 upgrade?

> - make install
> - faxsetup

That step I really wanted to avoid. Since my modem did not change
(neither the thousands of configurations I have to provide when I ran
it before), what's the need for this?

> - copy files back you've saved

Will I have to do it every time I upgrade? ;-(

.--.

Well... what'll be the matter if I simply hand copy the new bin files over
the old ones? (faxq, sendfax, textfmt, etc.)

> 	matthias

Thanks a lot for your time. Sorry 'bout stupid questions, if any...

> --
> firm: matthias.apitz@softcon.de [voc:+49-89-61308-351, fax: +49-89-61308-188]
> priv: guru@thias.muc.de
>  WWW: http://www.softcon.de/~guru/ OR http://www.guug.de/GUUG/firmen/apitz/

> "We don't care.  We don't have to.  You'll buy whatever we ship, so why bother?
>  We're Microsoft." (found in Usenet)

> --
Z  .:.   .:.     Luiz Ot'avio Lautenschl"ager Zorzella    .:.   .:.
  : .:: : .::    mailto: zorzella@dcc.unicamp.br         ::. : ::. :
  : ::: : :::    http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~zorzella     ::: : ::: :