Re: [hylafax-users] No response to PPS repeated 3 times

"James Rich" <james@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm concerned because one of the recommended modems is the MultiTech MT5634 which is the same brand modem as we experimented with. The MT2834 was so bad that is makes me wonder how the MT5634 can be any better? Do modems from the same manufacturer vary that greatly? A possible fly in the ointment could be that the MT2834 is branded as an Options by IBM modem. Don't know if that makes any difference.

Fear not, the MT5634ZBA-V92 is a different beast entirely. You can run it in Class 1/1.0, which means it will perform far better than the older Class2 modem.

-Darren