Re: [hylafax-users] Enable a modem for sending fax

On 6/1/06, Pere Saisl <pere.saisl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I'm using a Debian server wit Hylafax, until now, I'm using it for receiving
fax only. Now I've to use it for sending too.

I've two modems connected to serial ports ttyS14 and ttyS15. One is
connected to direct phone line and the other one go throw a PBX, so in one
situation I've to dial only the number and by the other line I've to dial
the "0," prefix so I could get line.

Now, the system sends new fax throw the first line is idle, so depending on
which line is idel and depending wether I've specified a prefix, the fax is
sent or fails, of course after 2, 3 or 4 retries it finaly get the correct
line and the fax is sent, but ...

Is it possible to predefine a dial prefix depending on which line is using
the Hylafax Server? Is it is not possible is it possible to define a modem
only for receiving calls and the other for receiving and sending?

Thanks in advance,

Pere Pie

PD. I've adden ModemPriority parameter so the PBX line has priority, but
sometimes it is busy, so the other one trys to send fax and fails.

See the ModemDialCmd option in the config.ttyS14 and config.ttyS15 files.

What I have is:

ModemDialCmd: ATDT0%s
(to append a 0 infront of the number)
and