Re: [hylafax-users] Job Killed

* Jonathan Smithe <gigelusster@xxxxxxxxx> [060601 14:40]:
> >> The job(user) can specify a maxdials/maxtries, but they are "capped" by
> >> the settings of faxq.  If you really don't want faxq to cap settings,
> >> set them to -1 in the faxq config.  Then clients can set them to
> >> whatever they want, and they don't get capped by faxq (well, capped by
> >> the size of an u_int on whatever platform you're on).
> >>
> >> See faxd/faxQueueApp.c++:2391
>
> I've looked into FaxSend.c++:462 (in Hylafax+ v. 4.3.0.3) and noticed
> the following:
> -snip-
>               if (fax.ntries > 2) {
>                    if (fax.notice != "")
>                        fax.notice.append("; ");
>                    fax.notice.append(
>                        "Giving up after 3 attempts to send same page");
>                    traceServer("SEND: %s \"%s\", dirnum %d",
>                        (const char*) fax.notice, (const char*)
> freq.item, freq.dirnum);
>                    fax.status = send_failed;
>                }
> -snip-
>
> Shouldn't the the check be (fax.ntries >= fax.maxtries) or something
> else taken from the config file?

No - this particular piece of code in faxsend is special to tring to
send the same page multiple times if it fails to go through in
*consecutive* attempts.

The maxtries applies the the total number if tries to get a fax through,
not the number of tries on a specific page  (which is hard coded at max 3).

See the code around line FaxSend.c++:363

	 else if (fax.status == send_retry) {
		if (fax.totdials == fax.maxdials) {
		    notice = fax.notice | "; too many attempts to dial";
		    sendFailed(fax, send_failed, notice);
		} else if (fax.tottries == fax.maxtries) {
		    notice = fax.notice | "; too many attempts to send";

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103