Re: [hylafax-users] Transmission problems: info and questions

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 10:41:39AM -0700, Lee Howard wrote:
> My modem recommendations are as complicated as always.  :-)
>
> In as few words as possible: anything except for USR

Sigh.  I actually did some investigation before I got the modem, and
was under the impression that it was a quality modem.  Live and learn.

> In a few more words:  either a MainPine or MultiTech 5634 modem would be
> ideal... but if you don't care about SuperG3/V.34-Fax and if you
> don't
Just out of curiosity, what it SuperG3/V.34?

> care about manufacturer support then the options are a bit more varied.
> Your biggest constraint is that it be internal (thus probably only
> PCI),
Yes, PCI.  Do you think there are good reasons to consider an external
modem?

Thanks for your advice.

The hylafax site, as I recall, links to a modem supplier.  Does
hylafax, or the company behind it, get a cut of the sales?  I'd
certainly be happy to direct my business there if that's the case.

Ross

P.S. I tried some more faxing to a different number at the same
recipient, with equally bad results.  I haven't tried the firmware
upgrade.  I may just put my time into getting a new modem, which I
need to do anyway.