Re: [hylafax-users] Owner in xferfaxlog

* Klaus R?rig <hylafax@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [060601 03:58]:
> Aidan Van Dyk schrieb:
> > * Klaus R?rig <hylafax@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [060531 06:49]:

> >> Here you are, as you can see the field ist blank:
> >>
> >> --
> >> 05/23/06 13:57  SEND    00000129        faxCAPI 91      ""
> >> klaus.roerig@xxxxxx    "090XXX418"     ""      266     1       0:19
> >> 0:10    ""
> >
> > You'll have to bring this up with the CAPI folks who wrote the HylaFAX
> > capi stuff.  This isn't anything that HylaFAX can fix.
>
> Why should this be a problem auf the Capi4hylafax-tools?
> Which part of Hylafax does the logging? I thought it is 'hfaxd' that
> accepts an manages the fax-jobs.

HylaFAX's faxgetty/faxsend are responsible for the fax calls and T.30
communication.  They are the ones that log the information to
$SPOOL/etc/xferfaxlog.  But you are not using them.  You are using
capi4hylafax as a replacement for faxsend/faxgetty.

hfaxd is responsible for the client-server interactions.  It logs it's
stuff in $SPOOL/etc/clientlog.

And if you look at the jobs in the queue, you will find the the "owner"
is in those jobs.  It's just that the capi4hylafax replacement for
faxsend isn't logging the owner in whatever it's replacement for
FaxAcctInfo is.

> Please correct me, but imho capi4hylafax only emulates a modem because
> hylafax cannot cope with ISDN.

HylaFAX contains faxsend/faxgetty which drives class 1/1.0/2/2.0/2.1
modems.  That means that HylaFAX supports whatever those devices are
capable of, including analog phones, DID trunks, ISDN, RBS, etc.

But HylaFAX has never supported CAPI interfaces itself.  capi4hylafax
does *not* emulate a modem and let HylaFAX do the sending.  The DIVA tty
drivers emulate modems, and let HylaFAX drive fax session.  The
capi4hylafax suite provides replacement for faxsend, and it drives the
whole fax session (and any of the logging that normally takes place
during that session) itself.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103