[hylafax-users] faxmail and blank pages

Hi,
I'm still trying to work out why I'm getting the occasional blank page sent with via faxmail.
I added the "Headers: clear" and "PageHeaders: no" to my config files.
Now I don't get the "To, From or Subject" headers any more, however I still get a blank page.
There seems to be a few other people with posts about this same problem, however, I couldn't really find any resolution to them.
As far as my problem goes, It still only happens to some faxes, where as from posts other people have made, they seem to happen across the board.

Once possible cause I'm considering is that I dont have any "text" mime converters in the "/usr/local/sbin/faxmail/" folder
Only "application" and "image".

So (correct me if i'm wrong) its not any other script handling the text part of the email other than faxmail?

Would this be the problem?

If it is, why would faxmail treat the emails differently? (ie. most without blank page and some with?)

Would it help if I did create a text filter and did nothing with the text?.

Here some examples of the emails ps files created.

1st With the email headers:
2nd after adding the "headers: clear" in the hyla conf file:
3rd One that prints OK, without and extra blank pages.

With the email headers:
<snip>
%       $Id: faxmail.c++,v 1.56 1996/07/02 19:49:58 sam Exp sam
%
% faxmail prologue.
%
/EPSbegin{save gsave 20 20 scale 200 dict begin}def
/EPSend{end grestore restore}def
end
%%EndProlog
%%Page: "1" 1
save $printdict begin
.05 dup scale
sf0 ()[()()](1)Header
360 15999 moveto
B(To:)s1  802 M (results@+99999.fax)s2 EL
B(From:)s1  447 M (Gribbles Vet Path-PN <results@mydomian>)s2 EL
B(Subject:)s1  140 M (PN0605278 - MICRO)s2 EL
B(Date:)s1  540 M (Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:29:14 +1200)s2 EL
B EL
B()S
B()S

showpage
%!PS-Adobe-3.0
</snip>

after adding the "headers: clear" in the hyla conf file: <snip> % $Id: faxmail.c++,v 1.56 1996/07/02 19:49:58 sam Exp sam % % faxmail prologue. % /EPSbegin{save gsave 20 20 scale 200 dict begin}def /EPSend{end grestore restore}def end %%EndProlog %%Page: "1" 1 save $printdict begin .05 dup scale sf0 ()[()()](1)Header 360 15999 moveto B()S B()S

showpage
%!PS-Adobe-3.0
</snip>

One that prints without and extra blank pages: <snip> % $Id: faxmail.c++,v 1.56 1996/07/02 19:49:58 sam Exp sam % % faxmail prologue. % /EPSbegin{save gsave 20 20 scale 200 dict begin}def /EPSend{end grestore restore}def end %%EndProlog %%Page: "1" 1 save $printdict begin .05 dup scale sf0 ()[()()](1)Header 360 15999 moveto B()S B()S %!PS-Adobe-3.0 </snip>

Attention: The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of The Gribbles Group.

Thank You.

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that this e-mail message and any attachments are free from viruses, you should scan this message and any attachments.
Under no circumstances do we accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from your receipt of this message or any attachment.