[hylafax-users] totdials and state question

Hello List,
I have a question about the information written to the q file in the
doneq folder.

My setup: I am using Hylafax 4.2.1-5sarge3 on a debian box(Kernel 2.4).
My modem is a Fritzcard PCI 2.0, communication between hylafax and the
card is done by capi4hylafax 01.02.03-10.

My questions:
State:
As I read from the manpage of 'doneq', state can contain the values 1 -
7:
1 (suspended, not being scheduled),
2 (pending, waiting for the time to send),
3 (sleeping, waiting for a scheduled  time-out),
4 (blocked, waiting for concurrent activity to the same destination to
complete),
5 (ready, ready to be processed except for available resources),
6 (active, actively being processed by HylaFAX),
7 (done, processing completed).

I have several cases, where the state line in the file has the value 8.
What's that state?

Totdials:
The manpage says: "The total number of times the server has placed a
call to the receiving phone number."

I have found that the totdials line always shows that 2 calls have been
placed, even if the first attempt succeeded. Is that standard behaviour
and if so, why?

Thanks in advance,
Regards, Florian