Re: [hylafax-users] filtering incomming faxes in FaxDispatch and %%d from TagLineFormat as replacement for DDI/MSN ?

Martin,

I don't really know how to respond to this last post. It feels as if you could do well to read up general information on Caller*ID and DID/DNIS.

The tagline is imaged by the sender, so unless you expect to be able to rely on it, and unless you expect to be able to rely on some kind of OCR reading of the tagline, I don't think that it's usable for routing purposes as you want.

Any voice-capable modem should be able to detect DTMF. So if your modem supports voice and if your PBX supports signalling DID via DTMF after the modem goes off-hook, then your modem should be fine.

If you want to use true DID, then you will need both phone lines and modems that support it.

So, for example, a MultiTech MT5634ZBA-V92 will work for DTMF reception with Asterisk PBX on analog lines.

A Patton 2977 will work for DID reception with a telco-provided T1 PRI.

Lee.

Martin Minka wrote:

Hello Lee,
I am using PBX Awaya Definity and the modem is Microcom DeskPorte 56K Internal /L.

I am not sure if DTMF is enabled, I am trying to get answer on this from supplier of the PBX. What I know is, that CallarID is enabled on fax port and if I connect normal phone to this port I see the callers number (is that DDI ?).

I tested better what I described in my first mail and I found out that I was totaly wrong. The TagLineFormat is applied to sent faxes and the tag line on received faxes was added to the fax by sending machine. That means that my believe, that HylaFAX knows the callers number was wrong. :-((

Is it possible that I use wrong modem ?

I would appreciate more of your help. Could you for example tell me configuration of HW and HylaFAX for which the fax routing should work ?

Thank you,
Martin Minka