Re: [hylafax-users] Job control

* Jo?o Mota <joao@xxxxxxxx> [060410 07:46]:

> I was wondering if it's possible to monitor/aprove every outbound fax
> before sending. Can it be done? Where should I begin?

HylaFAX doesn't by default support a moderation/approval mechanism.

But with the new JobControl functionality available in current CVS
soon to be released as 4.3.0 (4.3.0 release cycle has already been
started), you can easily achieve this.

At:
	http://people.ifax.com/~aidan/jobcontrol/

I have stated to put a collection of samples of various things the new
jobcontrol feature can accomplish.

In the jobcontrol-queue.sh sample, any job, by default, is continulally
delayed unless it meats some "criteria".  That criterea could be
anything you want:
1) Some script which can be invoked and tell if the job is approved
2) The "owner" of a job (ADMIN users can chagne the owners of a job
   in the client-server protocol)
3) Etc...

How you decided if jobs are "approved" is only limitted by your
imagination.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103