Re: [hylafax-users] Fax@ error

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 09:59:14 +0100 "Jose Macedo" <jose.macedo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> After hylafax submit the job i receive an email with the status.. that is ok. But every time i send a fax my mail system try send a email to: "Fax@" obviously the email doe not get his destination and for every sent fax i receive a email erros telling me that the message cant be sent :(

I've had two similar problems:

1) when i edited my /etc/aliases and forwarded FaxMaster to a real email account, the SMTP of the remote server rejected all emails generated by hylafax. This happens due to various reasons, for example the From: address which is fax@somehost can't be resolved. Also, many SMTP servers reject mail from dynamic IP ranges and have other similar restrictions to block spam.

2) when i used the "-f email@domain" parameter in sendfax, i'd get similar errors again. This wasn't due to the FaxMaster alias above (which i had fixed). Apparently its due to the same reason (SMTP restrictions etc). This happens because sendfax tries to email the -f address a responce about the fax it just transmitted. Instead of using FaxMaster, it uses the -f address. Same effect.

In other words, i can never send emails to a real email address, either via FaxMaster alias or via the -f parameter.

Thus, my solution was to create a local account that collects all hylafax mail. Not the best solution...