Re: [hylafax-users] Determining dialed number without DNIS

Stephen Carville wrote:

The catch is I still need to distribute the faxes based on the incoming number. I already checked with the switch programmer and he tells me he cannot forward DNIS information on the analog lines.

On analog lines there is no way to be certain of what number was dialed unless your telephone configuration is very plain or simple (where $DEVICE is a good-enough identifier) or where you have special "analog DID" trunks and modems (which would require you to change both lines and equipment if you have traditional analog) or where you can get the PBX or switch provider to signal the dialed number with DTMF after the modem goes off-hook.

So as I see it your options are to add more lines and more modems, change the lines and the modems, or somehow convince the switch provider to signal DID with DTMF.

Lee.