Re: [hylafax-users] lastDialFailure:"No carrier detected" - Asterisk + Hylafax via IAXModem

Having just done the possible issues I see are

- no FaxGetty running for the modem - it won't answer by itself so you need FaxGetty
if you watch faxstat while the call is coming can you see the mdoems respond
if you fire up iaxmodem directly - not as a service you get all its state changes logged to the screen which helps tell whats happening
- poor signal levels so the fax can't hear a loud enough reply
you can run ztmonitor -1 -vv where 1 is the channel number to get a view of the sound levels while the call is going through.
- the call isn't actually getting to the modem.. Check the Asterisk CLI to make sure the call is being routed to the modem while the call goes through

Cheers Duncan