Re: [hylafax-users] Spool dir on samba share

David Muriel wrote:
The problem is that I need to have access to sendq and docq when the server is not running,

What server hylafax or linux server?

so I need it to be in some kind of shared storage.  My client has
supplied this storage as a windows share, so this does not have an
easy solution.

This isn't a good solution. As I know (as I remember that I read into the sources), hylafax _need_ *nix file systems and its features like links, so if you have a smb share you can't do it.

If I put docq and tmp on the share, the error changes to 'Operation
not permited'.  I'll try to get the client to supply the storage at
least as nfs on a unix server, or else try another way to copy the
relevant directories to the share.

Do a simple, but intelligent copy every one/two minutes, or something like that can be a good solution.

Thanks again.

Bye.

Bye,
Michele