Re: [hylafax-users] ISDN BRI, 2 lines, 2 numbers

Am 2005.12.19 01:14 schrieb(en) Pau Garcia i Quiles:

The problem is I would like have the Hylafax server answering to two
different numbers (one line for each number) and sending faxes, and I have a couple of questions:
a) May I do this with a single ISDN BRI card (one channel of the BRI
for each number) or will I need two analog modems/two ISDN BRIs? (I think one BRI will suffice)

Hello Pau,

it will work with a single ISDN card if the card is somehow supported by Hylafax.
A card with CAPI interface (for Linux) can be used with capi4hylafax.
A card with a modem-like interface can be used by Hylafax directly.
(There is a third way to use an ISDN card with Asterisk but I don't know any details.)
The card does not necessarily use one channel for each number. You don't have to care about channels, you simply configure your phone numbers and the card will use a free channel. It depends on the card if it can send/receive faxes on both channels simultaneously.

b) May I do this with a single Hylafax daemon, or do I need to run two Hylafax'es, one for each number? (I think it's possible with a single Hylafax daemon)

Normally, a single Hylafax daemon will do it.

Operating system will be Linux (Debian Sarge, it ships with Hylafax
4.2.1 but I will compile from sources if needed).

Debian has fairly recent versions. I recommend using pre-compiled packages. If you need newer versions consider upgrading hylafax-server and capi4hylafax to Debian testing.

Bodo