Re: [hylafax-users] erroneous failure message

Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:

| I see that you're using JBIG. :-) Are you successfully faxing JBIG | elsewhere?

I didn't know I was; I don't see it in any other log files.

You must be usinga distribution that comes with the JBIG library installed (JBIG-KIT). JBIG is nice, and if it works for you then you'd probably benefit from using it. Someday soon I am going to write-up a JBIG/JPEG HylaFAX HOWTO and post it here.

| Does it work if you disable ModemSoftRTFCC (like, in DestControls, or | even in the modem config) to use MMR, MR, or MH?

I really can't impose on the owner of that Canon fax to do this testing;
but do you suggest I put in that modemSoftRTFCC parameter anyhow, as a
conservative measure?

No. I'd suggest just disabling JBIG.

Class1JBIGSupport: no

Then monitor things the next time that you fax there.

Lee.