Re: [hylafax-users] Sent faxes taking up disk space

* Support <support@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [051213 14:35]:
> Is there a way in HylaFAX to not save a copy of every sent fax?  We
> regularly do broadcast faxing with various HylaFAX versions to test our
> multi-port RockForce fax cards.
> If we do loop-back testing from one port to another it takes up a very large
> amount of disk space because it saves double the image files on the disk.
> (2000 13 page faxes ends up being 4000 large image files!)
> If we use large drive systems this really isn't an issue and we have seen
> great performance.
>
> Any direction on this would be helpful.

If you submit the document for all the numbers, then there is only 2
files - the original and the imaged:

sendfax -n -d xxx -d xxx -d xxx -d xxx /some/path/to/file.pdf

For big tests, look at the -z option to sendfax.

And faxrcvd (etc/FaxDispatch) can throw out the file after it's received
if that's an issue as well.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 438-4638 x8103