Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax web interface

I see a patch for hylafax 4.1.5 on list archives, if isn't a commercial question and if as you say is simple to add Mysql calls to hylafax code why you don't include db support in main hylafax tree? I think db make more simple query and search. Database support make also more simple build web interfaces. I think this features can improve hylafax, however this is only my opinion.

I search on the web and I find also some patch from gofax to add ldap support to hylafax. So also gofax guys think some sort of db support is important for hylafax.

In my company I install hylafax, however we use only for send (via the web interface I wrote). To subsitute traditional fax we need somenthing that help to archive received fax and make easy to search among fax. Maybe I can modify hylafax script as someone done for hylafax version 4.1.5 but if you don't include the patch in main tree is diffucult to keep updated with future hylafax versions.

I don't equate enterprise with pricetag my sentence was a way to say "you wan't include db support in hylafax because you sell a commercial version with this feature" however according your answer maybe I'm wrong and you don't include db support in hylafax because you think ins't necessary, I'm not agree and I would like to see mysql support in future hylafax release so I can use only hylafax to send and receive fax (for example using a web interface to search and downloading incoming fax, to see sended fax, errors and so on),

sorry for my bad english,

Nicola

Lee Howard ha scritto:

Nicola Murino wrote:

Ok, so it is a commercial question... if I want an enterprise solution I
have to pay for it, this seems reasonable.

Does it? Do you really equate "enterprise" with "pricetag"? As I said, it should be a fairly simple endeavor to go throughout the code and add MySQL calls wherever you desire them.

Lee.