Re: [hylafax-users] How to get page count for faxcover?

Joe wrote:

However they won't get done because they don't get prioritized because
they don't have a patch?

Well, I don't know. What, exactly, are your expectations in this regard?

There is a loose-knit team of people that work on developing HylaFAX software. I'm one of them, of course. I can't speak for any of them, but I handle bug reports (of all kinds) in this way (in no particular order):

1) if the issue is something that affects me or my customers enough to warrant my attention, then I work on it

2) if the issue piques my interest, then I work on it

3) if in doing other work I notice a simple solution to the issue, then I work on it

4) if in doing other work I realize that a solution to the issue would be beneficial to me, then I work on it

5) if the issue is somehow decided to be a "showstopper" for HylaFAX releases, then I work on it

... anyway, it's all just a matter of priority. Even if you're not supplying a patch then it's still a good idea to hang the bug report as it may trigger a solution. But if it's not there, then if nobody knows about the issue, then nothing can be done about it.

But, it's not like there is a group of programmers sitting in an office somewhere anxiously awaiting bug reports so that they can have some work to do. Filing a feature request without a patch is equivalent to saying, "Well, if anybody has time, or is interested, here's an idea...". Don't be fooled by this, either. LOTS and lots of [really cool] things have been developed for HylaFAX through this approach.

Lee.