Re: [hylafax-users] modem ACL per user

Lee Howard wrote:

Martin Vit wrote:

I need this, because i've 10 IAX modems witch specific callerID.
If i could assing specific callerID which user cannot override then i can use any IAX modem for outgouing faxes. This is not possible (if i do not missed something)

If all you're trying to do is to set the Caller*ID information then you can do that in your Asterisk PBX. Think about prefixing your dialstring with a specific code per-user... the PBX uses this information to set Caller*ID and to produce a true dialstring.

i was thinging about this too, but i have'nt  found, how to extract
which user send the fax when submitting job. I've look to Job.h header
and there is no field like user or uid.
If i can modify dialstring (prefix) per user (and user cannot change
this) it will solve my problem with modems - user can use any modem and
clid is set on pbx.

Most modems don't have a way to set the Caller*ID values, so for the most part you'll have to do something similar to the above in order to reuse modems with different users. IAXmodem will eventually have the capability to set the Caller*ID information with AT commands, but most modems don't and won't ever likely.

Yes, it can be easily changed in iaxmodem.c to use clid based on some value from sending job, but it seems, there is no way how to send information, which user is sending fax.

Trying to set up one modem per user would be an acceptable approach if HylaFAX were able to allocate modems that way, but I think that if you were to consider the possibility of hundreds of users you'd find that approach would be burdensome.

The best solutin is to have for. exampl 10 modems, which is spooled, but set proper CLID or dialstring like CLID#DID based on user and extract it on PBX (which is easy :)

Lee.