[hylafax-users] Problem with Client Login

I have several FreeBSD servers and all run HylaFax. Two of them have been running 4.2-CVS for several months now. With these same two machines I can successfully:

   1. Recieve faxes from most other fax machines
   2. Send faxes from Windows network clients
   3. Send faxes from the console of each machine
   4. Send faxes from one machine using the other as the server.

These two work great. I spend a good deal of time getting all the networking capabilities of HylaFax working and have had only small troubles thus far.

The third machine is running HylaFax 4.2.2 and I can successfuly send and receive faxes from the console. But when I try to use one of the other machines to send a fax through this third system I get prompted for a password. No matter what I try with faxadduser, permissions, copying the working configuration files from the other two servers, I can't seem to get around this. My /var/spool/hylafax/etc/hosts.hfaxd looks like this:

   localhost
   127.0.0.1
   192\.168\.100\.:::

This has worked perfectly on the other servers. But I can't seem to find the problem with the new one. The only difference is this one is running 4.2.2. Can anyone offer some advice here?

Bill Tillman

Yahoo! for Good