Re: [hylafax-users] Status of batching?

rortgiesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

Just checking in on the status of the new batching facility.  I "thought"
it was going in, but don't see many references to it.

Fax batching was in 4.2.1 and is much-improved in 4.2.2. In the next release it will be even better-utilized. (Meaning there are feature-adds hanging on Bugzilla that better-utilize batching which patches will be applied after 4.2.2 releases.)

Page batching (you know... pagers) will be going in to the next release. The patch is also on Bugzilla.

So my questions are
(1) If it's in, where do I make the appropriate changes to enable it.

It's enabled by default. In 4.2.2 you can disable it with the MaxBatchJobs configuration parameter.

(2)
If it's not in yet, any idea of how the project is coming along?

As of 4.2.2 all batching bugs have been worked-out, and you should be able to trigger a batch by coordinating the time-to-send between different jobs to the same destination. However, faxq and faxsend don't make an effort to keep those batches together, so if a busy signal is encountered or something like that, then they can end up unbatched. This and more will be worked out in the next release. If you're wanting this then I suggest working off of a CVS snapshot from about a week after the 4.2.2 release occurs.

Lee.