Re: [hylafax-users] SendFax vs HylaFax

Lee Howard wrote:
It has a unique license, indeed. But the end-all of the "just e-mail me and ask" license is that irrespective of how you use it, the code becomes public domain two years after that code was "released". So it should be very easy to find a release that is now public domain.
I completely missed the timeout clause.
This license is different, yes, than that of HylaFAX... although I don't know why it would make it any less-attractive - unless you happen to want to use some really new release of mgetty+sendfax (is there one?) and happen to want to bundle the software into a package that you intend to sell and market based on the bundling of the software. Gert clearly states that getting paid for consulting work related to mgetty+sendfax does not constitute "direct profit".
Right. In our case, the intent is distributing servers with mgetty+sendfax or HylaFAX preinstalled to provide some functionality to our application.

So on a straightforward reading, this *does* count as bundling the software into a package to be sold and marketed as (among a great many other things) having faxing support.