Re: [hylafax-users] Problem with Modem

Run faxgetty.

Any time someone has a problem with faxes not getting sent out, is using faxmodem, and then looks to faxstat for *any* kind of answers ... well, then the only solution for them is to run faxgetty.

Lee.

Blake Grover wrote:

I am having problems with my modem reseting itself or something like that. Once I send a fax out everything works fine, and if I have 4-5 jobs in the que then it sends all of them. But then if I want to send another job after it has sent out it just sits there, the faxstat says: Waiting for modem to come ready and it never comes too. I have read the past posts about this and I am using faxmodem and not faxgetty. I have it on fedora core 4 and I installed from the rpm. I can stop the server run faxmodem and start the hylafax server again, delete all the previous jobs and send again but after it sends I have to reset it all over again. I have a US Robotics 56K External modem and I am using Class 1.

Blake

 *To learn about expensive HylaFAX(tm) support, mail sales@xxxxxxxxx*