Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax qmail problem

Everything is installed on debian sarge.

my hosts.hfaxd file

localhost:21::
192.168.0.99
10.0.0.100
^faxadmin@::LocBtasAIP0qY
^ozgur@

my mailfax files is

#!/bin/sh
#
#   mailfax - email to fax gateway for qmail.
#
#   This file should be installed as /local/etc/mailfax, and the
#   following changes made to the qmail configuration:
#
#   Add the following to /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains
#       .fax:fax
#
#   Add the following to /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-fax-default
#       | /var/spool/hylafax/bin/mailfax
#

TMPVAR=${SENDER//\`/}
TMPVAR=${TMPVAR//\$\(/}
SENDER=${TMPVAR//\)/}

/usr/bin/faxmail | /usr/bin/sendfax \
        -f "$SENDER" \
        -d "$EXT2@`/usr/bin/expr \"$HOST\" : '\(.*\)\.fax$'`"

qmail-send logs this error

@400000004328b4d2398b73f4 info msg 3573090: bytes 1372 from <ozgur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> qp 18924 uid 1008
@400000004328b4d239b54314 starting delivery 49: msg 3573090 to local fax-murat@xxxxxxxxxxx
@400000004328b4d239b54ecc status: local 1/10 remote 0/255
@400000004328b4d23af3a6e4 delivery 49: deferral: Password:Login_failed:_500_'PASS_':_Syntax_error,_expecting_password./
@400000004328b4d23af3ba6c status: local 0/10 remote 0/255

ozgur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is local intranet domain.

HaraldFinnås wrote:

hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 13.09.2005 22:33:12:

> Is anyone there how to install email2fax gateway with using
> qmail.Yes,there is a script called mailfax-qmail in hylfax tarball.I
> installed it but it did not work.Because it says it need an user
> password (logged in qmail-send log).

I'm using the script you mentioned, but I installed from rpm (hylafax-4.2.1-1rhel4.i386.rpm). I think I found it at Dag's repo. No sign of any password issues yet, but then again, I'm not out of the woods yet regarding conversion filters. :)

What does the qmail-send entry look like?

Regards,
Harald