Re: [hylafax-users] Problem with sendfax - 0 pages generated

* Ron Nessim <ron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [050914 16:12]:
> I noticed that certain ps files that I am submitting to hylafax (v 4.2.1
> under freebsd 5.3) are resulting in 0 pages being generated. I can see
> this with faxstat -s:
>
> # faxstat -s
> HylaFAX scheduler on web4.pacifica.ca: Running
> Modem cuaa0 (+1.514.123.1234): Waiting for modem to come ready
>
> JID  Pri S  Owner Number       Pages Dials     TTS Status
> 25   127 W   root 5141234123    0:0   0:12
> 26   127 W   root 5141234123    0:0   0:12

These haven't been "prepared" yet.  Their state is "W" (You can find
out what that means in the faxstat manual page.  Look under the 'a' for
state in the JobFmt parameter.

Until a modem/device becomes available, and is allocated to send the
job, the server won't prepare the job.  The jobs will continue to wait,
and when they can be sent, they will be prepared and you will see the
pages calculated.

> As a test, I took the ps file and ran it through ps2fax (in the
> /var/spool/hylafax/bin directory), and then I renamed the resulting
> ps.fax file to ps.fax.tiff (attached) and opened it under windows. The
> result in windows is correct, and I can see the 4 pages that were part
> of the original ps file. If I try passing the resulting fax file
> directly to sendfax, I still get the same results. Does anyone have any
> suggestions of things I can try to pinpoint the source of the problem?

Figure out why your mode is "Waiting for modem to come ready"

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 438-4638 x8103