[hylafax-users] custom error message replies

Im sure this has come up before, but I cant remember or find (after an admittedly short search) the answer so here goes

I'd like to find a way to change the error messages sent out by hylafax.

the one with the session log should go to the fax administrator if the error isnt something simple, like busy, no dial tone, and the like

the error should only go to the administrator upon final failure (meaning on the last retry attempt)

the error message sent to the user who sent the fax needs to be the simple english version of the error (again, busy, no dial tone, and the like) or a generic error message like "Your fax could not be sent to (number) an error occured and the system administrator has been notified. Please try again."

and again, Id like to only send this message on final failure.

here is the reasoning (if it helps)

I have a send only hylafax environment that shares its outgoing line with a real fax machine that does the receiving, and some simple sending

often the fax server can not recieve a dial tone because the other fax is running, this is normal and expected with this setup, and most of the time the fax will eventually go after the other fax machine lets go of the phone line.

the intermediate errors of no dial tone are of no consequence if the fax finally goes through.

if you have done something like this, could you share with me how you did it.

Thanks.

--

Rance Hall
System Administrator