[hylafax-users] proceedure for hylafax setup for PAM authentiation

Hi,

I have been doing some research on finding documentation on how to use PAM authentication with Hylafax. On hylafax website it only says in many places that Hylafax 4.2 supports PAM, but no documentation on how to get this setup and working. I also downloaded the latest source to see if it comes with some documentation on this, without success.

From what ever information I could gather from googling, I understand that you have to create /et/pam.d/hylafax file with the usual pam entries. But I am at a loss to understand how to tell hylafax to use PAM instead of the default hosts.hfaxd file for user authentication.

In '/etc/hylafax/hfaxd.conf' I have found the following line - UserAcessFile: "/etc/hosts.hfaxd". However this is commented out. Is this the place where I tell Hylafax to look for PAM authentication? if yes what is the directive? Do I have to install some additional modules? Is there any way to find if the installed Hylafax packege has PAM support?

I am running hylafax-4.2.1 on RHEL 4.0.

dileep