Re: [hylafax-users] Wating for Modem to Come ready

--- "Terry D. Boldt" <fastsnip-hylafax1@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> > # ps ax | grep fax
> > 23048 ?        S      0:00 /usr/local/sbin/faxq
> > 23050 ?        S      0:00 /usr/local/sbin/hfaxd
> -i
> > hylafax
> > 23102 ?        S      0:00
> /usr/local/sbin/faxgetty -D
> > modem
>
> I get the following output:
>
> ps ax | grep fax
>  4260 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/local/sbin/faxq
>  4262 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/local/sbin/hfaxd -i
> hylafax
>  4361 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/local/sbin/faxgetty
> ttyS0
>  5864 pts/5    R+     0:00 grep fax

> HylaFAX just will not recognize that the modem is
> free????
>
> I have tried the faxstate, faxmodem commands,
> nothing is changed.

Just guessing here. You are sure that ttySO is where
your modem is? I've seen people mention some program
"cu" to test the modem. In the install of hylafax is
some script to test your modem. Have you verified your
modem responds to other applications (scripts) ?

Did you try the probemodem.sh script in
install_dir/etc ? Only thing I can think of now. Make
sure the modem works with other applications to verify
the modem is identified and responds properly.

Peter