Re: [hylafax-users] FaxQueuer[10128]: NOTIFY: bin/notify "doneq/q 12" "killed" ""

> Hello list,
>
> I have a fresh new installed Debian System (Kernelversion 2.6.8-2-686),
> one FRITZ!CARD PCI ISDN device and want to build on this system an new
> faxserver. I've installed the hylafax-server, hylafax-client and
> capi4hylafax packages. At the moment it is possible to call a telephone
> with c2faxsend (cmd=  c2faxsend -f G3 -d 49109 /root/test). If I answer
> the phone I can hear the faxing sound. And if I call the faxserver with
> my telephone, I'll get the faxing sound too.
>
> On my windows System I've installed the Hylafax Client WHFC. I tried to
> send a textfile to my telephonenumber, but got no call. I checked the
> log files (/var/log/syslog) and there where the following entries:
>
> Sep 2 15:39:10 alpha FaxQueuer[9656]: SUBMIT JOB 9
> Sep 2 15:39:10 alpha FaxQueuer[9656]: NOTIFY: bin/notify "doneq/q9"
> "failed" "0:00"
> Sep 2 15:39:11 alpha FaxQueuer[9656]: NOTIFY exit status: 0 (9761)
>
> To see the whole logging script, I enabled the option ServerTracing in
> the /etc/hylafax/config file. I tried to send a fax again and got the
> following entries:

> Thx for help.
> Best regards Andreas
>
> /etc/hylafax/config
>
> #ContCoverPage:         "etc/cover.templ"
> #DestControls:          "etc/destctrls"
> #DialStringRules:       "etc/dialrules"
> #QualifyCID:            "etc/cid"
> #QualifyTSI:            "etc/tsi"
> #ServerTracing:         0x08501
> #InternationalPrefix:   00

Shouldn't it be
SendFaxCmd: 	"/usr/bin/c2faxsend"

> SendFaxCmd: /usr/bin/c2faxsend
> ServerTracing:          0xFFFFFFFFFF
>

> /etc/hylafax/config.faxCAPI
>
> SpoolDir:               /var/spool/hylafax
> FaxRcvdCmd:
> PollRcvdCmd:             /var/spool/hylafax/bin/pollrcvd
> FaxReceiveUser:         uucp
> FaxReceiveGroup:        dialout
> LogFile:                /var/spool/hylafax/log/capi4hylafax
> LogTraceLevel:          4
> LogFileMode:            0600
> {
>     HylafaxDeviceName:          faxCAPI
>     RecvFileMode:               0644
>     FAXNumber:                  "+49.xxxx.xxxxxx"
>     LocalIdentifier:            "Andreas"
>     MaxConcurrentRecvs:         1
>     OutgoingController:         1
>     OutgoingMSN:               "xxxxxx"
>     SuppressMSN:                0
>     NumberPrefix:
>     UseISDNFaxService:          0
>     RingingDuration:            0
>     {
>         Controller:             1
>         AcceptSpeech:           1
>         UseDDI:                 0
>         DDIOffset:              "12345"
>         DDILength:              3
>         IncomingDDIs:
>         IncomingMSNs: "xxxxxx"
>         AcceptGlobalCall:   1
>     }
> }

I had similar problems with capi4hylafax and the c2faxsend prog.

Perhaps, try the contents of this mail I sent before a few days to the list

The problem was, a wrapper-script. Since AVM has a bug in it's c2sendfax
script or in the capi implemantation, I had to use a wrapper-script to
bypass this bug.
The bug is, that facsimiles are marked as unsuccessfull sent even though
they were sent successfull. The script I used, was from Gerhard Brauer and
found on the debian-user-german list. But there was a little problem in it,
as it moves the qfile! I think after moving the qfile, the
permissions/ownership of the qfile were set from those of the faxuser to
those of uucp.
By using an edit in place with the 'operatingsystem vi' ;-) the file
maintains it permissions.

Here is a wrapper wrapper-script:

#!/bin/sh

# name it c2sendfax.wrap and place it with rx permissions for uucp:dialout
under #/usr/local/bin
# don't forget a line in /var/spool/hylafax/config and/or config.c2fax like
# SendFaxCmd:             "/usr/local/bin/c2faxsend.wrap"

/usr/bin/c2faxsend "$@"
rc=$?
eval qfile=\$$#
# in place editing by Guido Hecken
vi -c '%s/^returned:0$/returned:'${rc}'/' -c 'wq' ${qfile}
exit $rc

Did you check that the fax you tried to send was really not sent?
Have a close look in the qfile in doneq at the value "returned:"
If there is a "returned:1" and the fax was recieved sucessfully, you seem to
have the same bug as I had. Then the wrapper-script might help.

BTW AVM states, that there is no problem with c2faxsend!

Hope, I could help a little bit

Regards

Guido Hecken