[hylafax-users] Config Files and Color Faxing for HylaFax-4.2.2rc5

I'll be trying out HylaFax-4.2.2rc5 soon, but I've noticed some
things about the configuration files that concern me.

The file "lucent-mt-21," which is the prototype for the Multitech
5634ZPX-PCI-V92, still contains work arounds for early firmware
versions:

# Some firmwares do not report copy quality correction, although it
# is present and cannot be disabled.  Thus modem-based CQ must be used.
Class2CQQueryCmd:	"!(00-02),(00-02)"
Class2CQCmd:		AT+FCQ=1,0

# Some firmware revisions (i.e. 1.25) report MMR support but corrupt the data.
# Some firmware revisions (i.e. 1.25 and 1.28) report extended resolution support but
# have trouble with 300x300 and 400x400 resolutions and corrupt DIS for inch resolutions.
# Enabling the following lines should work around these things.
# Compare this against the modem's AT+FCC=? response.
# Class2DCCQueryCmd:	"!(03),(00-05),(00-02),(00-02),(00-01),(00-01),(00),(00-07)"
# ModemAnswerCmd:	AT+FCC=03,,,,1,,,,0;A
# ModemDialCmd:		AT+FCC=03,,,,1,,,,0;DT%s

Class2BUGCmd:		AT+FBU=0	# early firmware is buggy

I have updated my modem, the 5634ZPX, with firmware version 1.32k,
released just a few months ago, and I am wondering if these issues
still apply.  That is, should the config.<device> file for this modem
still include these work arounds?

I don't ordinarily send high resolution faxes, but if the need should
ever arise it would be good to be prepared.

Also, I noticed that HylaFax-4.2.2 now has color and grayscale JPEG
capabilities (at least in class 1.0).  How exactly is this to be utilized?
I've noticed no other commands or options that would be associated
with the sending of JPEG images.

Again, I don't have a pressing need to send color images, but I
do like to keep abreast of the latest changes.

Color profiles seem to be necessary in color fax transmission/reception.
This is what is indicated on the LittleCMS, an Open Source color
management tool, web site (http://www.littlecms.com).  How are these
color profiles to be implemented in HylaFax-4.2.2?

Frank Peters