Re: [hylafax-users] Confirmation mail for sent fax not generated

--- Guido Hecken <guido.hecken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Could someone  give me a hint, on where to look when
> hylafax does not send
> the user a confirmation mail for sent facsimiles.
> Where do I have to
> configure the sending-report?
>
> Some details:
>
> Incoming facsimiles are converted to pdf and sent
> via mail, looks good.
> Outgoing facsimiles work without any failure, but
> there is no sending report
> generated.
> Mailsystem works, I can send mails to local or
> external recipients.

See man sendfax for -f and -D options. See man notify
too.

Extract from HylaFAX's website:

6.11 Return Delivery of Faxed Documents

Some users wish to have copies of the faxed documents
returned to them via e-mail. In HylaFAX versions 4.2.0
and later this is natively configurable. To do this,
create the file etc/FaxNotify in the HylaFAX spool
directory containing these line:

	RETURNFILETYPE=pdf;

This will make any sent-job notifications (which occur
based on the notification setting specified by the
submission client) contain attachment with a copies of
the faxed documents. See 'man notify' for more
specific information.