Re: [hylafax-users] Inbound voice calls interrupted by modem attempting to answer

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 21:39 -0700, Rob Blomquist wrote:
> I currently have the modem unplugged from the phone line. But is there a
> capability given to hylafax that can tell voice from fax calls?

Hylafax can't by itself but when used in combination with the vgetty
package and a modem with voice capability you can handle voice with fax
and data calls.  Setup of hylafax with vgetty is covered in my howto.

> Or can I shut off incoming abilities simply by commenting out the inittab line
> to start faxgetty?
Yes, just comment out the line with faxgetty from the inittab file and
run init q.  Then nothing can answer at all and you can only send faxes.

If you get distinctive ring service from your telco and all you want to
do is ignore your voice calls(i.e. because you have some other machine
in your office that does that) you can after setting up the disinctive
ring stuff put this line in your conf.ttyXX:
NoAnswerVoice:	true

which will cause hylafax to simply ignore incoming calls identified as
voice through distinctive ring.

George