Re: [hylafax-users] hosts.hfaxd, faxadduser and admin passwords

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pedro" <procadas@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 7:50 PM
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] hosts.hfaxd, faxadduser and admin passwords

To: <hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] hosts.hfaxd, faxadduser
and admin passwords

> Have you tried put the line at the beginning?
> I'm not certain I understand what you mean. Do you
mean put the
hosts.hfaxd line for my id at the beginning of the
file? I'm not sure
what that would get me. It's the only line for my
userid in the file.

If you are using it for admin purposes, yes. And see http://www.hylafax.org/HylaFAQ/Q450.html if your problems persists.

Pedro

Ok I looked at that page. My permissions and ownership were correct
on hosts.hfaxd. The page didn't mention anything about putting the userid
that needs admin privs at the top of the file. I did that anyway and now
it works.

However, I am confused because I never had to do that in FC2 and 4.2.1.
Why does it need to be the first line in the file?

This implkies that only one username can have admin privs. Is this correct?

Thanks for the tip.

Mike