Re: [hylafax-users] coordinating batches, was: FaxDispatch...

steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

seems there may be an issue with batching agian.

If there is more than 1 modem , then the modems fight to send the faxes to the same number.

I had setup 2 modems on different numbers
ttyS1
&
ttyS2

3 jobs come ready at exactly the same time to the same number.

S1 starts sending 1 job , gets a connection.
S2 grabs another job to the same dest and returns number busy

I cannot reproduce the problem. I tried on a system with 2 active modems and on a system with 10 active modems. I tried with the destination having MaxConcurrentCalls=1 and also MaxConcurrentCalls=99.

The only way that I could reproduce the problem was to set MaxConcurrentCalls > 1 and to have the jobs' tts be different. Please double-check the tts in the sendq job file and make sure that they're identically the same.

I think S1 then gets confused on the PPS, possibly because S2 had fooled with one of the jobs to the same dest.
then errors .

The PPS error appears to be receiver-related. I don't think it has to do with the jobs.

Lee.