From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brian Drexler
Sent: 04 August 2005 14:27
To: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [hylafax-users] Advice on USB Modems/Specifications

Greetings to all!  We are looking at getting about ten Multitech MultiModem USB modems for our Hylafax server.  My question is this:  the gentleman at MultiTech said that these modems are powered from the USB port, but they were not sure how many devices we can hook up to one PC and still have them all powered.  Has anyone else tried anything like this?  Have any of you had an problems?  Obviously we are going to need a USB hub to go along with this solution.  Will a powered USB hub actually supply power?  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.  I couldn’t find anything in the archives about this one.  Thanks!

Brian