Re: [hylafax-users] Help ! Turning off the -k parameter

Ron Daniel wrote:

My Hylafax software today indiscriminately removed 27 faxes from my send queue because a queue of about 60 faxes built up. This appeared to me to be due to the large number of retries and error messages we are getting in transmission. I will be adjusting my –t and –T parameters to –t 3 and –T 5 and probably throwing in the –E to be super save with old fax clunkers that our recipients use.

In my experience leaving ECM on (even with "noisy international calls") is a more-sure bet to get faxes through. YMMV, of course.

Q1. What is the format of the parameter I give to sendfax to stop it removing an item from the queue if it has been there for more than 3 hours ?

The man page talks about –k ‘’ now +3 hours ‘’ being the default. Do I set it to –k ‘’ now +365 days ‘’ ?

Yes, whatever you like. You can't schedule things for more than a year in advance, however, and certainly "now + 365 days" is a bit overboard. Rather than defeating killtime, use it. If the job shouldn't be in the queue for any reason whatsoever after say, 24 hours, then change it to that. The last thing that you want, though, is for something to go awry and for this fax to get sent out in 5 months.

Q2. Where on the unix fax server are the queue informations stored which the Hylafax windows client watches ?

/var/spool/hylafax

Lee.