Re: [hylafax-users] email2fax gateway question...

Georg Lerch wrote:

> Matt Fretwell wrote:
>
> >  Not specifically following onto this post, but I have a basic shell
> > script knocking about somewhere from yonks ago, which works with
> > HylaFAX and Postfix, (it requires RipMIME as well), for accepting and
> > ripping the mail apart for faxing. If it may be of any use, (and it
> > was still in its infancy last time I worked on it), I can dig it out
> > if you want to have a play with it.
> >

> Please dig and tell me how to use it,

 It's attached. It is very basic, but the general concept is there. The
settings for master.cf and the transport entry are appended to the bottom
of the script. It doesn't require a transport limit in main.cf like
faxmail. And, as I mentioned, you would also need ripmime:

http://www.pldaniels.com/ripmime/downloads.php

 I haven't worked on this script for ages, but if it is of any use to
anyone, I can try and refine it or add some extra functionality. Let me
know the verdict.

 Be warned, it is definitely no work of art, and only lightly tested :)

 Generally, usage instructions are the same as for faxmail. Attachment
wise, there are no conversion functions built in, so attachments have to
be sendfax native types.

Matt