Re: [hylafax-users] email2fax gateway question...

Kid Lark wrote:

> I have managed to send fax via postfix.
>
> You can find some answers at http://www.postfix.org/faq.html#fax
>
> But there are some small mistakes:
>
> change
>
>     /etc/postfix/master.cf:
>         fax       unix  -       n       n       -       1       pipe
>             flags= user=fax argv=/usr/bin/faxmail -d -n ${user}

>     /etc/postfix/master.cf:
>         fax       unix  -       n       n       -       1       pipe
>             user=fax flags= argv=/usr/local/bin/faxmail -d -n ${user}
>

> The rest can be left unchanged. It works as far as the email body is
> concerned. Howto get some attachments faxed as well, is a trick I
> haven't learned yet. But I've asked Rueben to tell me how they manageg.

> >>Do you have the mail2fax system working?  What mail system are you
> >>using?
> >>I have been trying for ages to get this to work, but to no avail.
> >>There's a couple of us working on getting the steps right and
> >>documented.

 Not specifically following onto this post, but I have a basic shell
script knocking about somewhere from yonks ago, which works with HylaFAX
and Postfix, (it requires RipMIME as well), for accepting and ripping the
mail apart for faxing. If it may be of any use, (and it was still in its
infancy last time I worked on it), I can dig it out if you want to have a
play with it.

Matt