Re: [hylafax-users] Missing lines in the sent fax - MultiTech MT5634ZBA-V92 modem

Gurjit Gill wrote:

Hi Folks,

We recently replaced our US Robotics 56K modems with
the MultiTech MT5634ZBA-V92 modems to correct a
problem where for certain destinations we were having
problem transmitting faxes.
Now that I have Multitech's the original problem we
had has been resolved but we are now having a new
problem. On the destination the output is coming out
crunched. It is quite bad for some destinations where
the output is missing complete lines.

I changed the flow control from hardware to software
but it did not help.

Change this back. These modems need rtscts not xonxoff.

We are running an old version of
the hylafax server code ( Redhat Advanced Server
2.4.9-e.24enterprise, hylafax-4.1.7-1rh7 ) but I was
wondering if it is possible to tweak the modem setting
to fix this problem.

You'll be best if you upgrade to HylaFAX 4.2.1 (or better yet, current CVS HEAD). The benefits of ECM will ease many of these kinds of troubles that you're having.

Please send logs for more help.

Lee.