[hylafax-users] Missing lines in the sent fax - MultiTech MT5634ZBA-V92 modem

Hi Folks,

We recently replaced our US Robotics 56K modems with
the MultiTech MT5634ZBA-V92 modems to correct a
problem where for certain destinations we were having
problem transmitting faxes.
Now that I have Multitech's the original problem we
had has been resolved but we are now having a new
problem. On the destination the output is coming out
crunched. It is quite bad for some destinations where
the output is missing complete lines.

I changed the flow control from hardware to software
but it did not help. We are running an old version of
the hylafax server code ( Redhat Advanced Server
2.4.9-e.24enterprise, hylafax-4.1.7-1rh7 ) but I was
wondering if it is possible to tweak the modem setting
to fix this problem. Following is the config.ttyS0 for
the modem:

CountryCode:            1
AreaCode:               999
FAXNumber:              +1.999.999.9999
LongDistancePrefix:     1
InternationalPrefix:    011
DialStringRules:        etc/dialrules
ServerTracing:          1
SessionTracing:         11
RecvFileMode:           0600
LogFileMode:            0600
DeviceMode:             0600
RingsBeforeAnswer:      0
SpeakerVolume:          off
GettyArgs:              "-h %l dx_%s"
LocalIdentifier:        "Air Liquide"
TagLineFont:            etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:          "From %%l|%c|Page %%P of %%T"
MaxRecvPages:           25
#

ModemType:              Class1          # use this to
supply a hint
#ModemFlowControl:       rtscts          # many
firmwares have broken software flow control
ModemFlowControl:       xonxoff         # software
flow control
Class1TCFRecvHack:      yes             # avoid
+FCERROR before TCF
# Class1MsgRecvHackCmd: AT+FRS=1        # avoid
+FCERROR before image

# If your line supports Caller-ID, you may want to
uncomment this...
# QualifyCID:           etc/cid         # you must
create this file
# ModemResetCmds:       AT+VCID=1
# CIDNumber:            "NMBR="
# CIDName:              "NAME="

# Or with the MT5634ZBA-DID you'll probably need
something like...
# QualifyCID:           etc/cid         # you must
create this file
# ModemResetCmds:       AT*DS1*DD0*DF1  # enable
DTMF-DID
# CIDNumber:            "DTMF"          # format of
AT*DF1
# CIDNumberAnswerLength:        4       # four
DTMF-DID digits then ATA
#

Any help is appreciated.

Gurjit