Re: [hylafax-users] [hylafax-users]faxstat not showing modems

On 4/26/05, Jeff DeFord <jeff.deford@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hmm.  This is a send-only fax server and I did ru faxmodem ttyG** (for
> all 24 lines).
> I have another instance running (old and throwing lots of errors) and
> there is no faxgetty proc running on it either.

Then what you see is perfectly normal. The status lines you are
looking for are just files which live in /var/spool/hylafax/status and
are created/edited:
a) if you use faxgetty: always by faxgetty (and/or faxsend I think)
b) if you use faxmodem: only when you send a job

So, send a fax using every port you have and you'll see all those
Modem ttySX (+123456789): Waiting for modem to come ready

After the first job is sent, those files will remain in the "status"
subdir forever and so faxstat will always show their content.

--
giulioo@xxxxxxxxx